Are you considering enrolling your child in a child care program, you must have a basic idea that not all child care facilities are the same. Though each centre may claim to provide similar services there can be a big difference in the quality of that service.
In order to make sure that you are sending your child to the very best child care program, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- The first thing which you should consider is whether the program is compliant with the current applicable laws laid down by the government. Get to know if they have a license for running the facility.
- Get to know whether the program is accredited. This is one way of ensuring that the child care centre is dedicated to providing quality child care for children of all ages.
- Take a look at the environment. Is it bright, colourful and cheerful? Is it the kind of place your child would feel happy to attend? It should be inviting enough so that children do not hesitate and happily adjust to their surroundings.
- Take a look at the furniture in the rooms. Is it child sized? The surroundings must be such that it should we well suited for children. The materials in the room should be east to access and all displays should be at the child’s eye level.
- Also notice whether the toys are age appropriate or not?
- Check whether the facility has an open door policy. This means whether they appreciate parental involvement? Quality child care centre basically have this policy where they allow parents to come in and observe their child from a distance. This provide ample opportunities for parents to see how their child is faring. Also the care givers should be responsible for talking to their parents regarding their child’s progress. Anything which they feel should warrant parental involvement should be communicated immediately.
- The staff should have undergone intensive training in child care procedures and policies. They should have the necessary experience and training dealing with children of different ages. At a child care children as young as a few months old to seven and eight year olds might be present. Each age group requires different kind of care and attention. Therefore it is important to ave the right training in dealing with different child care issues.
- Check whether the care givers have a warm and responsive one on one interaction with your child. This would help your child feel at ease with their care giver.
- Get to know whether the care givers are responsible for small groups of children. At a day care the smaller groups assigned to each care giver, the better attention your child can receive.
- Get to know what kind of discipline strategies they use to discipline children. The strategies are different for all age groups.
Keeping all the above mentioned things in mind would help you find the right child care in Nerang.